- “I've made my choice.”
- – Corrin, Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U
Artwork of male Corrin for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
|First appearance||Fire Emblem Fates (2015)|
|Latest appearance||Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (2018)|
|Portrayed by||Male Corrin:|
Cam Clarke (English) (2016-present)
Nobunaga Shimazaki (Japanese) (2015-present)
|Species||Half human, half Silent Dragon|
Corrin is the main protagonist and avatar unit from the Fire Emblem trio of games, Fire Emblem Fates, first released in Japan in June 2015. Corrin was born as a member of the Hoshido kingdom royal family, but was kidnapped and raised by the royalty in the Nohr kingdom. The game revolves around the avatar as they are given the choice to join the side of either Hoshido or Nohr, or join neither side and instead head to the kingdom of Valla to destroy the entity who created the war between Hoshido and Nohr. The male and female versions of Corrin are voiced by Cam Clarke and Marcella Lentz-Pope, respectively.
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U
Corrin is a newcomer to Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, and like Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, and Robin in the game, the player can choose to play as male or female Corrin. Corrin was released internationally as downloadable content on February 3, 2016, 16 days before Corrin's debut games were released in America and three months before their release in Europe and Australia. Unlike other DLC newcomers, there is no exclusive new stage to download alongside Corrin; however, two new songs, the original and an arranged version of the main theme of Fire Emblem Fates, "Lost in Thoughts All Alone," are added to the Coliseum and Castle Siege stages instead, and two other trophies of their foster older brother Xander and their older step-brother Ryoma from Fire Emblem Fates are added only in the Nintendo 3DS version. Much like Robin, Corrin's design can be customized in the debut games, though uses the default design in the Super Smash Bros. series. Corrin's stage entrance consists of them landing on the stage in dragon form, turning back to normal afterwards.
Corrin's primary weapon is the Omega Yato, the final form the Yato blade takes in Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation. However, as in Fire Emblem Fates, Corrin can partially transform some parts into a dragon for various attacks, giving those attacks range. Corrin's standard special move is Dragon Fang Shot, which transform Corrin's arm into a set of fangs that fire a chargeable water ball that stuns foes for a brief time. Dragon Lunge is Corrin's side special, in which Corrin jumps and thrusts a transformed arm into a spear-like weapon downward. Corrin's up special, Dragon Ascent, uses a pair of wings to help recover. Corrin's down special is Counter Surge, which is a counter move that fully transforms Corrin to counterattack. Corrin's Final Smash is Torrential Roar, which turns Corrin into a dragon to catch opponents, followed by a stream of water that blows any character caught in the Final Smash away.
Corrin is one of the heaviest middleweights, being heavier than Luigi, Villager, and a lightest possible Mii Fighter, lighter than Lucario, Cloud, Mega Man and Shulk, while having the same weight as Mario and Dr. Mario.
In terms of equipment options, Corrin can use the Sword, Cape, and Shoes equipment. Corrin is the only Fire Emblem character to not use Boots for equipment.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Corrin reappears as an unlockable playable fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Corrin's moveset is largely unchanged, but the third hit of their standard attack is now an outward slash, their pummel is a knee kick, and their back aerial has a greater push effect. Corrin benefits from universal changes: their mobility is faster, their short hop timing is reduced, their aerial attacks' landing lag is reduced, they can directionally air dodge, and they can use any ground attack out of a run and any aerial attack on ladders. Corrin's special moves all have more startup, ending, and landing lag, while they either have less range or grant less height than before. Corrin's forward smash is also slower and shorter in range, in spite of its charging hits dealing more damage. Some of Corrin's attacks deal less damage as well. Additionally, Corrin's victory theme is now a short arrangement of "Lost in Thoughts All Alone", rather than the generic Fire Emblem victory fanfare.
Classic Mode route
Corrin's Classic Mode route involves fighting characters in white and black colored alternate costumes (except if they are colored as such by default), as well as Corrin themselves. This represents the conflict between Nohr and Hoshido in Fire Emblem Fates.
|Between White and Black|
|1||Dr. Mario||Golden Plains||Fever|
|2||Dark Samus||Brinstar Depths||Lockdown Battle Theme|
|3||Corrin (opposite gender), Daisy (white costume), Palutena||Team Battle
(Allies: Peach (black costume), Rosalina (black costume))
|Mario Galaxy||Fated Battle|
|4||Pit, Dark Pit||Team Battle
(Ally: Corrin (opposite gender))
|Reset Bomb Forest||Boss Fight 1 - Kid Icarus: Uprising|
|5||Mr. Game & Watch ×3, Mr. Game & Watch (white costume) ×3||The Great Cave Offensive (Ω)||CROWNED: Ver. 2|
|6||Corrin (opposite gender), Lucina (black costume), Robin||Team Battle
(Allies: Marth (white costume), Chrom (white costume))
|Castle Siege||Lost in Thoughts All Alone|
|Final||Master Hand, Crazy Hand (intensity 7.0 or higher)||Final Destination||Master Hand|
Master Hand / Crazy Hand (intensity 7.0 or higher)
Profiles and statistics
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U trophies
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
- Pit: Who is THAT?
- Palutena: I have no data on this fighter. I can't believe it!
- Viridi: It must be an intruder from another dimension!
- Pit: Whoever it is, the goal remains the same: to fight and win!
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Pit: For Nohr! For Hoshido! I make my own fate!
- Palutena: Sounds like someone finally finished all three paths.
- Viridi: When you're fighting Corrin, watch out for Dragon Fang. Corrin transforms into a dragon to attack. It's not pretty.
- Palutena: Corrin has led a rough life. Having to make enemies of your family can't be easy...
- Viridi: As they say, "blood is thicker than water." But they also say "A close friend is better than a distant relative," so I dunno.
- Pit: But all the siblings have dragon blood in their veins, right? Why can't they just be one big, happy family?
- Palutena: ...If only it were that simple.
- Viridi: You're thinking about it too hard. The roots may be more important than the branches, but you need the branches to...uh...get the fruit. Or whatever.
- Corrin appears in Fire Emblem Fates game. Born in kingdom of Hoshido but kidnapped by Nohr at a young age, Corrin was brought up by Nohrian royalty. Descended from the First Dragons, Corrin has the power to transform into a dragon.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Super Smash Blog bio
- Corrin was available as a downloadable fighter in the previous version of Super Smash Bros. This fighter uses all kinds of attacks, like Torrential Roar and Dragon Fang Shot. Players can choose male or female versions!
Splash art of Corrin in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U
Names in other languages
|An Ainu word meaning "god" or "spirit"|
- Corrin is the only fighter in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U whose alternate trophy replicates game artwork in both games.