It has been requested that at least one image be uploaded for this article. Remove this notice only after the additional image(s) have been added.
|This article requires a cleanup to meet the Super Smash Bros. Wiki's quality standards. |
Please edit this page to improve it. Feel free to discuss this cleanup on the article's talk page.
Dark Cannons are a type of black gun used by Bowser, Wario, and Ganondorf in Adventure Mode: The Subspace Emissary of Super Smash Bros. Brawl. The Dark Cannons shoot out arrows that turn characters into trophies. They are very large and take two hands to hold — they also take some time to charge up. They also feature a target that helps the one who uses it to aim at the one they want to shoot. The players never get to use a Dark Cannon, as it is only ever seen in possession of the villains of the Subspace Emissary.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
The Subspace Emissary
Depending on which princess Kirby saved at the beginning of the Subspace Emissary story, the false form of Princess Peach will attempt to shoot Mario and Pit if she is is saved, or the false form of Zelda will shoot Link and Yoshi if she is saved; however, the other team (Pit if Zelda is saved, Link if Peach is saved) will destroy the cannon before it completely fires. The Dark Cannon blows up, starting a battle between the fake Peach/Zelda (who attempted to fire the cannon) and the team that destroyed it. Bowser also uses it when ambushing Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong after the latter party retrieved the Banana Horde, with Bowser specifically aiming for Diddy. However, Donkey Kong took the attack to save Diddy, also launching him in the air to ensure he didn't get hit by the attack. Wario also attempted to use it on Lucas after he and Ness defeated Porky, although Ness shoved Lucas out of the way and got hit with the attack instead.
Bowser's Dark Cannon is destroyed; after shooting Diddy Kong, he attempts to shoot Fox, then Falco comes in and destroys the Dark Cannon with his blasters. Wario uses his own Dark Cannon to turn Ness into a trophy; however, he is not seen with it afterward.
Much later, when almost all characters go to Subspace, Ganondorf uses the last Dark Cannon available to shoot Bowser. He then kicks Bowser away.
Characters shot by Dark Cannons
- Princess Peach (by Wario/Bowser)
- Princess Zelda (by Wario/Bowser)
- Ness (by Wario for saving Lucas)
- Donkey Kong (by Bowser for saving Diddy Kong)
- Diddy Kong (by Bowser)
- Bowser (by Ganondorf)
Characters found with Dark Cannons
- Wario used it to shoot Princess Peach/Princess Zelda, and then Ness later on in the story.
- The false form of Princess Peach/Princess Zelda attempted to shoot Mario and Pit or Link and Yoshi.
- Bowser used it to shoot Donkey Kong, Princess Zelda/Princess Peach and Diddy Kong, but failed to shoot Diddy Kong that time, but then succeeded to shoot Diddy Kong later on in the story.
- Ganondorf used it to shoot Bowser from behind him in the Subspace Realm.