Mushroom Kingdom II
|This article requires a cleanup to meet the Super Smash Bros. Wiki's quality standards. |
Please edit this page to improve it. Feel free to discuss this cleanup on the article's talk page.
|Mushroom Kingdom II|
Mushroom Kingdom II in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
|Game appearances||Super Smash Bros. Melee|
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Mushroom Kingdom II is the second Mushroom Kingdom stage in Super Smash Bros. Melee and a returning stage in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. In Super Smash Bros. Melee, it can be unlocked by collecting the Birdo trophy, while it is available from the start in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Despite the name, this stage takes place somewhere in Subcon in Super Mario Bros. 2. The stage has a platform in the middle, and two on the side. A waterfall forms huge gorges that separate the three. Occasionally, logs will fall down the waterfall, creating temporary platforms. A Pidgit will occasionally fly in (with its magic carpet making another platform) and a pink Birdo also appears occasionally, spitting eggs (which can be grabbed and thrown) at the fighters.
Cherries, grass, Semisolid Platforms, and jars appear in the background of the stage. The stage reuses graphics from Super Mario All-Stars, although only the ground, logs, and magic carpet are in 3D; these graphics are overhauled for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, and now use the actual graphics from the aforementioned game, albeit in much less saturated colors. Birdo also now makes the same sound effects as in Super Mario All-Stars.
Much like with the sped-up music in Mushroom Kingdom, the boss theme plays during a Sudden Death match and on Super Sudden Death.
In Super Smash Bros. Melee, Luigi's unlock match takes place here.
- Lv. 22: Super Mario 128
- Lv. 38: Super Mario Bros. 2
- Lv. 40: All-Star Match 4 (Luigi's fight)
Names in other languages
Inishie no Ōkoku II
いにしえの王国 USA (Super Smash Bros. Ultimate)
Inishie no Ōkoku USA
|Ancient Kingdom II|
Ancient Kingdom USA; changed to reflect the Japanese title of Super Mario Bros. 2 (Super Mario USA).
Gǔlǎo de wángguó USA
|Ancient Kingdom USA|
|German||Pilz-Königreich 2||Mushroom Kingdom 2|
|Italian||Regno dei Funghi II||Mushroom Kingdom II|
|Korean||고대 왕국 USA
Godae wangguk USA
|Ancient Kingdom USA|
|Russian||Грибное королевство 2
Gribnoye korolevstvo 2
|Mushroom Kingdom 2|
|Spanish (Americas)||Reino Champiñón II||Mushroom Kingdom II|
- The official strategy guide only mentions that the Birdo trophy is required to unlock the stage, even though the Pidgit trophy can also be collected to unlock the stage before collecting the Birdo trophy.
- Due to the fact the player has a random trophy by default when starting a new game, it is possible to receive the Birdo trophy and unlock the stage before even starting the game, causing the stage unlock message to play as soon as the main menu is first accessed.
- Although the stage is Super Mario All-Stars-themed, the NES overworld music plays instead; the boss theme plays when the timer runs low in timed matches.